- Listen up, losers. I brought you something special tonight, a little treat.
- -- Lock-Up src
Lyle Bolton, alias Lock-Up is a large, muscular man specializing in incarceration and high tech security systems. Lock-Up captures the criminal Charaxes.  Later he captured the minor villain Maxwell Veezey. In both these stories he only made a brief appearance at the end, removing the villain before Batman and Robin could return to the scene.
He then began with him capturing criminals such as Two-Face, and taking him to his private prison alongside Charaxes, Weedwhacker and several gangsters. He is stopped by the police while targeting a criminal turned state evidence and is revealed to be Lyle Bolton, previously discharged from the police academy for being too gung-ho, and dismissed from several security jobs (unlike the animated version, he had not worked at Arkham Asylum). Lock-Up escaped, and captured minor street criminal Alvin Draper (actually Tim Drake's undercover identity). When Nightwing found his hideout, Lock-Up decided to drown all his prisoners in an underwater death-trap. Batman intervenes and defeats Lock-Up, saving the villains, Nightwing and Robin.
Later during the events of No Man's Land, having taken control of Blackgate Prison in the aftermath of the Cataclysm. He had enlisted the KGBeast and the Trigger Twins to act as wardens for his prison, and ruled with an iron fist; Batman only tolerated his presence because he required Lock-Up to keep captured criminals in check to prevent Gotham being overrun. Lock-Up was kept under strict orders to treat the prisoners well. Towards the end of the event, Batman enlisted Nightwing's help to overthrow Lock-Up, so Blackgate could be used by the lawful authorities again.
Lock-Up appeared in Villains United briefly, his expertise being used by The Society to break super villains out of jail for the Battle of Metropolis. Ironically, he was shipped to the prison-planet along with the rest of the super villain community in Salvation Run.
This section of the history takes place during Flashpoint, a massive crossover event set in an alternate timeline to the mainstream DCU. History was completely changed when Professor Zoom finally found a way to erase his nemesis the Flash without harming his own legacy.
In the temporary timeline created by Flashpoint, Lock-Up joined Heat Wave's Legion of Doom but was blinded by Plastic Man.
- Riot Gear: As Lock-Up, Bolton carries on his person standard police riot gear/equipment-this includes a tonfa, high-grade handcuffs, pepper spray, a bulletproof vest, a tazer, and various bolt-shearing implements and locks, keys.
- Lock-Up was created for the television series Batman: The Animated Series, first appearing in "Lock-Up". His first full appearance in the DC Universe was in Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan's Detective Comics #697 (following a cameo appearance in Robin (Volume 4) #24).
- Lyle joined the Legion of Doom only during the Flashpoint event.
- 25 Appearances of Lyle Bolton (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Lyle Bolton (New Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Lyle Bolton (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lyle Bolton (New Earth)