M'yri'ah J'onzz was a female Green Martian born centuries ago on the planet Ma'aleca'andra. M'yri'ah was born the daughter of D'all. She was married to J'onn J'onzz and the couple lived in peace with thier only daughter K'hym
M'yri'ah was present during the final days of the Green Martian civilization on Mars. Her mad brother-in-law, Ma'alefa'ak, orchestrated a telepathic plague that swept across the planet, killing all Green Martians who attempted to use their powers.
M'yri'ah's husband, J'onn, tried to keep her from using her ability, but she was unable to resist mentally reaching out to her ill daughter, K'hym. M'yri'ah contracted the plague (commonly referred to as H'ronmeer's Curse) and died soon after. J'onn was responsible for disposing of his wife's remains. 
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Martian Physiology: M'yri'ah J'onzz possesses the same powers as an average Martian. These include:
- Extrasensory Input: Nine different senses.
- Martian Vision: Eyesight which extends the visible spectrum, visual acuity, and allows sight through most objects and barriers. Martian Vision is also similar to Kryptonian heat vision in that it can cause combustible objects to explode.
- Flight: The ability defy gravity and fly through sheer force of will. This ability is psionic in nature, and functions similarly to tactile telekinesis.
- Invulnerability: With the exception of fire, she is invulnerable to nearly all physical attacks. This is due primarily to their shape-shifting talents and the ability to increase the density of her molecular structure.
- Malleable Form: Psionic control over her physical form, even down to the molecular level. As a form of shape-shifting, this power enables M'yri'ah J'onzz to contort her physical structure to adopt human form, elongate limbs, grow to immense size, and so on. She can also change the substance and material from which her body is made of. This allows her to produce weapons and clothing on ant type. She can maintain the selected form for an indeterminate amount of time without undue risk or strain. This ability allows for the folowing powers:
- Intangibility: The ability to decrease her molecular density to become incorporeal and thus able to pass through solid objects, as well as increase it to become tougher and stronger.
- Invisibility: The ability to bend light waves around her body, rendering her invisible to most forms of human detection. Through this byproduct of shape-shifting, she can also alter their body's temperature, allowing her to become invisible to most forms of electronic detection.
- Size Alteration
- Regeneration: The ability to rapidly heal wound, from minor cuts to regrowing lost limbs. This include the regrowth of major body parts such as the head, heart, or similar primary organs.
- Self-Sustenance: Negating the need to consume food or drink. This also eliminates the need to produce waste.
- Superhuman Speed: Either through flight or natural movement, she can maintain the speed and reflexes far in excess to that of a standard Earth human.
This also allows:
- Superhuman Endurance: Her endurance is just as formidable as her strength or invulnerability. When not in the presence of fire, she can operate under extreme conditions for an indeterminate period of time without showing signs of fatigue. The exact range of this power is unknown. When in the presence of fire, this endurance diminishes greatly.
- Superhuman Strength: She possesses a strength comparable to that of a Kryptonian under a yellow sun.
- Telepathy: The ability to read the minds of others and project her thoughts to varying degrees. She can also project their mental essences into a gestalt community known as the "Great Mind". Through this, the community can enhance the telepathic strength of other Martians. This power can also enable her to reverse the effects of amnesia or psychological brainwashing.
- Mind Control: As an extension of her telepathic powers, she can also use the ability to alter a subject's psychological profile, enabling her to manipulate, and in some cases, outright control her chosen target. This practice is greatly discouraged however, and only rarely used.
Superhuman by Earth standards; normal by Martian standards.
- Martian Physiology: M'yri'ah J'onzz possesses the same weaknesses as an average Martian. These include:
- Vulnerability to Fire: Martians are much more vulnerable to fire than the average Earth human. At times this has been portrayed as physical, psychological, or a combination of the two. The effect of this is to strip any Martian of their powers as they involuntarily lose control of their body.
Psychic Pyrophobia: All Martians have a genetic weakness against fire. The only thing that can harm a Martian is intense exposure to super-heated plasma. This weakness operates as both a physical limitation as well as a psychological one. A psychosomatic symptom of this fear is a loss of their telepathic capabilities, as well as control over their physical form.
- As many Martian names bear phonetic similarities to Anglican Earth names, M'yri'ah's name is likely pronounced "Mariah" or "Maria", albeit with a distinctive dialect.
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 1) #3
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 1) #4
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #0
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) Annual #1
- Appearances of M'yri'ah J'onzz (New Earth)
- Images featuring M'yri'ah J'onzz (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about M'yri'ah J'onzz (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: M'yri'ah J'onzz (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Supporting||Bloodwynd • Captain Harding • Cha'Rissa • Diane Meade • H'ronmeer • Jemm • Justice League International • Justice League of America • K'hym J'onzz • Miss Martian • M'yri'ah • Roh Kar • Saul Erdel • Scorch • StormWatch • Zook|
|Villains||Bette Noir • Cay'an • D'Kay D'Razz • Headmaster • Human Flame • Ma'alefa'ak • Rott • Scorch • VULTURE • White Martians|
|Comics||Detective Comics • House of Mystery • Martian Manhunter (Volume 1) • Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) • Martian Manhunter (Volume 3) • Martian Manhunter: American Secrets • Martian Manhunter Special|
|Miscellaneous||Mars • Origins • Publication History • Recommended Reading • Storylines|
|This box: view • talk • edit|