Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
MLJ Comics was named after its three creators first initials: Morris Coyne, Louis Silberkleit and John Goldwater. Today, it is doing business as Archie Comics, named for its flagship character, Archie Andrews. The collective hero stock was known as "Red Circle".
During the superhero boom of the 1940s, MLJ produced various titles featuring their own superheroes, including the first patriotic-themed superhero The Shield and an early "magic ring" hero, The Fly. Archie tried reviving the Red Circle several times before giving up on it. In 1991, the superheroes were licensed by DC for their Impact Comics imprint.
Their first introduction as New Earth citizens occurred in October 2009 when DC published The Red Circle — four one-shots with each issue spotlighting on a revamped DC version of a MLJ/Red Circle superhero.
Links and References
- The ARCHIE Comics "Mighty Crusaders" Super-Hero Characters of the 1960's by Unca Cheeks
- Toonopedia entry on MLJ characters
- "Archie Comics" at Wikipedia
- "ArchieComics.com" - Official Website
- Mighty Crusaders Network
- Who's Who in the Mighty Crusaders
- J.G. Jones - Redesigning the Red Circle at Newsarama April 23, 2009
- Completing the Red Circle: Talking to JMS at Newsarama April 29, 2009
|Impact Comics||Black Hood • Comet • Crucible • Crusaders • Fly • Impact Winter Special • Jaguar • Legend of the Shield • Web • Who's Who|
|This box: view • talk • edit|