In the early 1940s in New York City, Professor Gurn turned his science knowledge and engineering skills to the pursuit of crime. Gurn built a robot suit, which he wore during a brief crime wave in 1942. The newspapers took to calling him the "Machine Man." After a violent conflict with the high-technology mystery vigilante, Air Wave, Professor Gurn was arrested, but vowed to seek revenge against Air Wave.
- Tear Gas
- enemy of Air Wave
- This version of Machine Man, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Machine Man (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Machine Man (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Machine Man (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Machine Man (Earth-Two)