Mad Harriet was raised in Granny Goodness' orphanage and was noticed by Granny for adoring the feeling of torture and pain. One of the first members of the Female Furies, Mad Harriet served Darkseid despite her insanity. During the battle with Earth-based Suicide Squad, over the fate of Glorious Godfrey, Harriet was almost killed when she attacked the Bronze Tiger and her energy claws backfired. However, she comments on how much she loved the situation.
During another mission, Harriet was captured by the Gods of New Genesis but was sent back to Darkseid. Later, Mad Harriet was seen as a prostitute in Granny Goodness' brothel, though it is unknown if that was the real Mad Harriet or a delusion by the second Mister Miracle. Her insanity also made her develop a friendship with the criminal Harley Quinn, though Bernadeth scolded her later on for befriending the mortal.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 56 Appearances of Mad Harriet (New Earth)
- 19 Images featuring Mad Harriet (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Mad Harriet (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mad Harriet (New Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.