"Extra-Sensory Chapter 1: None So Blind": In 1965 Harlem, young Rosy Mays sees a man bleeding on the subway to work, only no one else can see him. While at work, she discovers a customer bleeding from the wrist, only it isn’t really happening. Over the next week, she sees people with gha
- After all, how does one make sense of the unbelievable? The nonsensical? The utterly ‘’’fantastic?!’’’
- -- Rosy Mays
Appearing in "Extra-Sensory Chapter 1: None So Blind"
- Rosalyn “Rosy” Mays (First appearance)
- Reggie (First appearance) a neighbor
- Clytus (First appearance) a neighbor
- “Mama” Mays (First appearance) Rosy’s mother
- Portia Mays (First appearance) Rosy’s sister
- Mrs. Daniels (First appearance) Rosy’s boss
- “Jimbo” (Only appearance; dies)
- Mambo Sally (First appearance) A Voodoo Priestess
- Tarot Deck
Synopsis for "Extra-Sensory Chapter 1: None So Blind"
In 1965 Harlem, young Rosy Mays sees a man bleeding on the subway to work, only no one else can see him. While at work, she discovers a customer bleeding from the wrist, only it isn’t really happening. Over the next week, she sees people with ghastly wounds repeatedly, although the victims seem completely unaware of the wounds themselves. Unfortunately, it is so extreme that it interferes with her work, and she is fired. Wandering around 7th Avenue, she spots “Jimbo”, with his head twisted around and brains protruding. She follows him and sees him get hit by a bus. She then realized that these weren’t all imagined – that something was wrong. Thinking it unnatural, they call in Mambo Sally, Voodoo Priestess. She was given a concoction to use that did not work. Finally, “Mama” hears about someone that may be able to help – Madame Xanadu! She is told that these visions may be warnings of some kind, and that she should act when the time comes. She goes home to see her mother and sister burned. She makes them leave, and upon returning home once more, finds the building ablaze. Madame Xanadu claims that the visions should now stop. Rosy decides that it is time to change her life, and enrolls in the City College of New York.
- This story takes place in 1963.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Madame Xanadu Vol 1 24 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Madame Xanadu series
Links and References
- No external links.