Mademoiselle Marie was a young Parisian woman who joined the French Resistance during World War II. Throughout the course of the war, she performed many heroic deeds on behalf of Europe, frequently teaming up with the American military commander Sgt. Rock.
At some point during the war, she had an affair with a British officer operating in France named Alfred Pennyworth. Their dalliance left Marie with a child, whom she named Julia. As the war was still in progress and Marie was needed in the Resistance, she left Julia in the care of her friend Jacques Remarque. Marie never informed Pennyworth of Julia's existence.
- This version of Mademoiselle Marie, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- In the post-Crisis continuity, Mademoiselle Marie was a code name used by several different French Resistance members during World War II, and had even been used in earlier wars in France. However, on Earth-One there was only one Mademoiselle Marie.
- 23 Appearances of Mademoiselle Marie (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Mademoiselle Marie (Earth-One)
- 2 Quotations by or about Mademoiselle Marie (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Mademoiselle Marie (Earth-One)