Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Magala was a cavewoman who was murdered by her mate. As she was the victim of male violence, Gaea took her spirit to the Well of Souls. She claimed she was the first of many. Some 40.000 years later, as the Gods created the Amazons, Magala was among them. As she looked nothing like her new sisters, she chose a life of seclusion. In her hermitage, she studied the arcane and the mystic.
Years later, Magala had a vision Wonder Woman would die shortly. Troubled, Hippolyta called for another contest, and asked Magala to rig it. The replacement, Artemis, died, but so did Diana. She was killed by Neron.
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. Magala possesses the same potential powers as an average Amazon. These include:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as Magala stays on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- John Byrne introduced Magala as an explanation of the cavewoman in the beginning of Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #1. However, publications as early as Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #26 already identified that as Hippolyta, and publications after Phil Jimenez restored this original version.
- Wonder Woman Secret Files and Origins #3 and The Essential Wonder Woman Encyclopedia state her body was taken over by Ariadne before she gave the prophecy of Diana's death to Hippolyta (behind the scenes, somewhere before Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #90). This interpretation ignores Christopher Priest's two-part story in Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #137-138, which shows Magala to have passed away earlier (and not unknowingly) and also shows Circe and Magala in the same room with the latter showing no allegiance to the former.
- 17 Appearances of Magala (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Magala (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Magala (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Magala (New Earth)