The Make-Up Man was a criminal from Gotham City, who never revealed his true appearance and he always used several disguises to conceal his face.
Born of theatrical parents, the Make-Up Man lived his entire childhood behind the curtains of a theater, where he gained the skills necessary to become a master of disguise. However, he became fed up with the artistic life and he turned to crime in order to make a profit, albeit a dishonest one. He gathered some crooks for his gang and he provided them with a special equipment, which allowed them to control animatronic human figures in order to commit crimes. His criminal activities attracted the unwanted attention of the notorious crime-fighters, Batman and Robin, as well as that of the private detective Hugh Rankin. The Make-Up Man managed to capture Rankin as the detective investigated the case, but they were eventually stopped and captured by the Dynamic Duo, who sent the entire gang to jail.
- This version of Make-Up Man, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Make-Up Man (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Make-Up Man (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Make-Up Man (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Make-Up Man (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."