Professor Zee was a scientist who specialized in time travel research, a member of the group known as the Time Trust. He employed Per Degaton as a lab assistant but Degaton stole his research and used it to repeatedly threaten the world, though each time his plans were thwarted by the Justice Society of America or the All-Star Squadron time would be reset so that all concerned would forget what had happened. Eventually, Degaton shot Zee, but the old man fell into his own time cabinet as the bullet hit him, and sent both Zee and the cabinet several decades into the future, where Zee emerged and fingered a now elderly Degaton for his murder with his dying breath, in the presence of multiple witnesses. Degaton himself died moments later.
Professor Zee's death played out in almost exactly the same manner in the pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths timeline and in the later New Earth timeline; in the former instance though, his death was witnessed by the Justice Society of America on Earth-Two, while in the latter it was witnessed by Infinty, Inc. and a young 'chronal duplicate' of Per Degaton actually traveled into the future with Zee, causing Degaton's older self to cease to exist. In the pre-Crisis timeline, Degaton shot himself upon realizing he would be jailed for murder, while in New Earth continuity the younger Degaton was killed by the robot Mekanique.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 11 Appearances of Malachi Zee (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Malachi Zee (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Malachi Zee (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Malachi Zee (New Earth)