Malet Dasim was an officer of the Green Lantern Corps charged with protecting Sector 103. Shortly after the Sinestro Corps War, Green Lantern Laira murdered a surrendering foe Amon Sur. The act was considered beyond the purview of the Corps' mandate, despite the enactment of a new law which allowed officers to use lethal combat. Laira was arrested by members of the Alpha Lantern Corps and a formal inquest was held. Malet Dasim was selected to act as prosecutor at Laira's trial. He recounted the events relating to the incident and provided evidence that Laira was acting out of revenge, rather than justice. After reviewing imagery taken from Laira's ring log, he had little choice but to conclude that Laira was guilty. Following the speedy inquest, the Alpha Lanterns stripped Laira of her ring and rank.
Malet Dasim was later called upon to arbitrate formal charges against Green Lantern Hal Jordan. Alpha Lantern Kraken accused Jordan of being corrupted by the evil of Apokolips and for murdering Orion. In fact, it was Kraken who had been possessed by the soul of Granny Goodness and was framing Hal Jordan for Orion's murder. 
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Although willing to serve as a judicial prosecutor, Malet Dasim took no joy in prosecuting a fellow Green Lantern.
- 19 Appearances of Malet Dasim (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Malet Dasim (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Malet Dasim (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Malet Dasim (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."