Malik Al Thaka as the Brain Emperor was manipulated and brainwashed by Gorilla Grodd at a old H.I.V.E. base in the Middle East country of Bialya. He aided the gorilla in mind controlling both American soldiers and Bialyan terrorists. When the Shield destroyed the device that controlled al Thaka, he swore to take revenge on the people who made him this way and to conquer Bialya. The Brain Emperor's ambitions were cut short, and he was taken into American custody.
- The Brain Emperor is based on the MLJ Comics character of the same name. He first appeared in Mighty Crusaders #1.
- 5 Appearances of Malik Al Thaka (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Malik Al Thaka (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Malik Al Thaka (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Malik Al Thaka (New Earth)