Man-of-Bats is a Native American doctor. After serving in the American army in Iraq, he was inspired to become a costumed defender by Batman, and joined the Club of Heroes. His sidekick was his son, Little Raven, modeling himself after Robin.
After the Club's dissolution, Great Eagle lived in San Francisco with his family until he and his wife broke up. Returning with his son to his extended family in South Dakota, Great Eagle retook the mantle of Man-of-Bats and worked as a social activist. Despite his heroics, his talents thrived more in medicine and healing than in crimefighting. During Final Crisis, he helped tend to the wounded during the Battle of Blüdhaven.
After the formation of Batman Incorporated, Man-of-Bats and Raven Red were targeted for assassination on their Sioux reservation by the Leviathan crime organization. Batman intervened, and the father and son team defeated their attackers, suffering moderate injuries. Batman offered to give "Man-of-Bats Inc." the funds for additional vehicles, but was politely informed that anything Man-of-Bats recieved would go straight into his community work.
- Man-of-Bats-Mobile: A pickup truck with a custom paint job.
- Man-Of-Bats is of Lakota descent.
- Man-Of-Bats may have drawn additional inspiration from the ancestor spirit of the Bat-People.
- 11 Appearances of William Great Eagle (New Earth)
- 11 Images featuring William Great Eagle (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about William Great Eagle (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: William Great Eagle (New Earth)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.