- Relax, Lois. Relax. You were beaten to it, that's all. Happens to the best reporters. Used to happen to me all the time. And you might as well take a good look at the fella who got the Superman story ahead of you. He's joined the Planet staff, as of today. Lois Lane, meet Clark Kent!
- -- Perry White
Appearing in "The Story of the Century!"
- Lex Luthor (First appearance)
- Chuck (Single appearance)
- Guthrie (Single appearance)
- Reagan (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Story of the Century!"
Meanwhile, Superman is all over Metropolis rescuing citizens and foiling bank robberies. After a series of failed attempts to interview Superman, Lois decides to take a gamble and plunges her car into the harbor. Superman arrives and takes her home. She finally has the scoop on Superman only to find out she was beaten to the headline by the new reporter, Clark Kent.
- This issue was reprinted in Superman: The Man of Steel Vol. 1and Lois Lane: A Celebration of 75 Years.
- This is the first Post-Crisis appearance of Lex Luthor. In the revised continuity, Lex Luthor is a corrupt businessman rather than an evil mad scientist. He made his last chronological appearance in a flashback in World of Metropolis #2.
- This is the first Post-Crisis appearance of Jimmy Olsen. He made his last chronological appearance in a flashback in World of Metropolis #4.
- This is the first Post-Crisis appearance of Perry White. He made his last chronological appearance in a flashback in World of Metropolis #2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Man of Steel Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Man of Steel series
- Images from Man of Steel Vol 1 2
Links and References
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman Wiki
- Superman Homepage
- Superman at TV Tropes
- Jor-El article at Wikipedia
- Lana Lang article at Wikipedia
- Lara article at Wikipedia
- Lex Luthor article at Wikipedia
- Lois Lane article at Wikipedia
- Smallville article at Wikipedia
- Man of Steel series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Man of Steel series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
|Crisis Reboot |
After the Crisis on Infinite Earths, a 1985–1986 maxiseries which completely reset the continuity of the entire DC Universe, all of DC's major characters and franchises needed to be updated to reflect the changes in the events of their lives. Multiple story arcs were put out to explain these rebooted versions of popular characters.