""Sin After Sin"": Manhunter escapes the exploding baton by hurling himself off the building with a rope beside the baton. He swings to another building crashing through a window into a conference room and accidentally injuring a woman in the process. Mark makes his way to a public bath where
Appearing in "Sin After Sin"
- N'Lasa (First appearance)
- Unnamed Public Bathhouse
- Shangra-La Hotel
- Tokyo Historical Museum
- Manhunter Temple
- Hirohito's Sword
- Gary DeVries' Airplace (N2730)
Synopsis for "Sin After Sin"
Manhunter escapes the exploding baton by hurling himself off the building with a rope beside the baton. He swings to another building crashing through a window into a conference room and accidentally injuring a woman in the process. Mark makes his way to a public bath where he has stored extra clothes and cash for emergencies. Mark appears to leave his hotel moments before he arrives again and, when questioned about this by the hotel staff, realizes that Dumas was there and is pretending to be him. He runs to the public phone and calls David Challoner of Southern Cross Salvage Corporation needing help. David promises get Gary, who is in Tokyo, to start working on a new baton. When Mark asks for a ticket to Nepal, David reveals that Gary has a pilot's license and can fly him there.
Meanwhile Mark suspects that Dumas, posing as him, will try to fly to America. So Mark goes to the Tokyo Historical Museum and brazingly steals the sword Hirohito surrender to McArthur making sure he is well seen by those around him. AS he hoped, the police issue a summons and Dumas, waiting in an airport still disguised as Mark, is immediately surrounded. Dumas manages to escape but needs to find an alternative plan. He also knows now that Mark Shaw didn't die in the explosion.
Meanwhile Mark Felps brings an update to Sylvia Kandrey. She tearily places a call to Eleanor Shaw. Gary DeVries, meanwhile, flies Mark to the Himalayas. Mark gives Gary the sword to return asking him to tell them that Dumas was the one who stole it. He jumps from the plane and hikes to the temple where he hopes to find either a new baton or enough components to build one. He finds nothing useful but is startled by the sudden appearance of N'Lasa who calls Mark a "Child of Oa."
- Saints and Sinners Part 4 of 6
- Due to a retcon presented in Issue 13 of the third Manhunter series, Mark Shaw was purportedly brainwashed into having a second, hidden personality known as Dumas. It is unclear if there was ever a real Dumas, if Shaw always unknowingly acted as Dumas, and/or if "encounters" with Dumas were all imagined or hallucinated. Thus certain aspects of this story may not be considered canon.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Manhunter Vol 1 21 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Manhunter series
- Images from Manhunter Vol 1 21
Links and References
- No external links.