""Kumite"": Dumas threatens Mark but Mark has had enough. Mark beats Dumas in a very one-sided battle and Dumas flees further into the temple. Mark finds some deactivated Manhunter androids and uses some components as armor and weapons. He and Dumas fight again and Mark causes a partial wall
Appearing in "Kumite"
- Manhunter Mini-Mask
- SCSC Power Baton (Destroyed)
- Manhunter's New Power Baton
- SCSC Airplane
Synopsis for "Kumite"
Dumas threatens Mark but Mark has had enough. Mark beats Dumas in a very one-sided battle and Dumas flees further into the temple. Mark finds some deactivated Manhunter androids and uses some components as armor and weapons. He and Dumas fight again and Mark causes a partial wall collapse in order to take the fight outside. Mark hears the sound of an airplane and moves to the top of the temple's great arch with Dumas close behind. The plane is flown by David and Gary and Gary drops a newly built Power Baton but Dumas grabs it instead. Gary yells that the baton is keyed to Mark's fingerprints and Dumas' handling of it will cause it to explode. Dumas thinks Gary is lying but the baton explodes taking Dumas' left hand. Dumas falls to his death. Mark makes his way back down to verify Dumas is truly dead. N'Lasa finds him, telling him that his alterations allow him to survive such attacks. He gives Mark a new, more powerful baton but Mark is no longer convinced he should be Manhunter. N'Lasa tells him to take the baton and make the decision whether or not to continue. N'Lasa promises to remain at the temple if Mark should ever need him and tells him Mark can establish a telepathic link to him via the baton. Mark hears David and Gary outside and brings Dumas' body out.
- Saints and Sinners Part 6 of 6
- Due to a retcon presented in Issue 13 of the third Manhunter series, Mark Shaw was purportedly brainwashed into having a second, hidden personality known as Dumas. It is unclear if there was ever a real Dumas, if Shaw always unknowingly acted as Dumas, and/or if "encounters" with Dumas were all imagined or hallucinated. Thus certain aspects of this story may not be considered canon.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Manhunter Vol 1 23 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Manhunter series
Links and References
- No external links.