"Psychobabble, Part III of V: Ghost in the Machine": Both Kate and Damon enjoy coffee in their new law offices of "Spencer & Matthews" which the DEO provided for them. Damon has gone from a paralegal to being an attorney and Kate's law partner. However, Damon is still referred to as Todd's "good
- Ohmigod. I think I peed a little.
Appearing in "Psychobabble, Part III of V: Ghost in the Machine"
Synopsis for "Psychobabble, Part III of V: Ghost in the Machine"
Both Kate and Damon enjoy coffee in their new law offices of "Spencer & Matthews" which the DEO provided for them. Damon has gone from a paralegal to being an attorney and Kate's law partner. However, Damon is still referred to as Todd's "good friend" by Todd's father Alan Scott. Kate then gets a bouquet of flower with a card delivered to her office. The flowers and the depraved card were sent by Doctor Psycho. Kate throws the flowers into the waste basket and shoves the card into her pocket so Damon can't read it. Kate takes the card to Dylan to have him analyze it.
Shaw goes for a run in Runyon Canyon and talks to two female joggers. Their conversation is interrupted by a German Shepard who jumps at Shaw. The women leave and Shaw gets a look a the dog tag which says Thor. Shaw starts to panic because he remembers Dan Richards and his dog. Suddenly, a dart is shot into Shaw's neck and he begins to black out. Shaw starts to see knights baring the St. Dumas insignia. The knights say that Shaw is worthy to join their ranks and carry out their cause. Shaw begins to think he is having a nightmare and tries to wake up. With a slap from Dylan, Shaw wakes up and finds himself back in Dylan's home. Shaw can't understand how he got from Runyon Canyon then back to Dylan's place, He notices Cameron Chase and Dylan with nothing but a towel wrapped around him. Shaw immediately figures out that Dylan and Cameron are sleeping together.
Kate arrives at Dylan's place and notices Cameron driving away. Kate wants Dylan to analyze the card for any psychotropic components that might be on the card because when she touched it, it made her believe that she was bound with the Lasso of Truth and that she was wearing a Wonder Woman costume. Dylan runs the card through his digital scanner but then he sees Shoemaker's face on his computer screen crying out for help. All of a sudden, the computer blows up in Dylan's face and Kate grabs him to take cover. With Dylan unconscious, Kate takes a closer look at what is going on. Dylan's entire computer system has taken on the form of a cybernetic hydra.
Kate attacks the hydra by shooting off an energy discharge from her bo staff. The discharge causes the hydra to cry out then Shoemaker's body appears. Dylan's teleporter has somehow caused Shoemaker to merge with Kilg%re, the living computer program. The Kilg%re program takes a look at Dylan and views him as a suitable replacement. Kilg%re starts to initiate a host nervous system override. Kate acts fast by shooting at water mane located above Kilg%re. The flooding water causes Kilg%re to short circuit and shutdown. Kilg%re releases Shoemaker from its hold but the shock from Kate's quick thinking caused Shoemaker to forget everything and he becomes catatonic.
- This book was first published on May 17, 2006.
- Kate makes reference to OMAC in this issue. Recently thousands of OMAC units began exterminating known super-heroes.
- Doctor Psycho appears as an hallucination only.
- The Kilg%re first appeared in Flash (Volume 2) #3.
- References are made to Atom (Al Pratt), Atom Smasher and Obsidian.
- Doctor Psycho sends Kate a bouquet of flowers with a card which reads, "You could make a hawk and dove, stop a war with love...". This is also a line from the theme song to the 1976 live-action television series Wonder Woman.
- As part of her hallucination, Manhunter appears in a Wonder Woman costume and illustrated in the style of character creator William Moulton Marston.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Manhunter Vol 3 22 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Manhunter series