Mano of the Fatal Five is one of the Galaxies most dangerous criminals. He hails from the polluted planet of Angtu, located within United Planets space. His planet's atmosphere is hostile to most living things, and he must wear an environment suit to breath the air on foreign worlds. The dome on his head blocks out his face, so his face is only seen as a silhouette.
Mano was embittered at the world around him, he channeled his destructive mutant energy into the planet's surface, ultimately destroying the entire planet.
He was eventually caught the Science Police and was about to head to prison when Cosmic Boy and would give him a full pardon if he would help defeat the Sun-Eater. They also recuited the Emerald Empress, Persuader, Tharok and Validus. These criminals were forced to find fight and defeat the Sun-Eater. The five criminals, with Tharok as their leader, became the Fatal Five.
- Corrosive Touch: Mano possesses an "Antimatter Touch" which enables him to disintegrate anything that he touches with his right hand. Mano's proficiency with this ability is so great that he used it to destroy his entire home world of Angtu.
- Vulnerability to Different Atmospheres: His inability to withstand the atmosphere of other planets forces Mano to wear a special insulated suit.
- Environmental Suit: Mano must now wear a helmet and suit concealing every part of his body at all times due to his destoyed planet is the only atmosphere he called survive in.
- This version of Mano (Pre-Zero Hour) is no longer considered part of canon continuity. All history and corresponding appearances of Mano (Pre-Zero Hour) were erased from continuity following the events of the 1994 limited series Zero Hour: Crisis in Time.
- 40 Appearances of Mano (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 3 Images featuring Mano (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Quotations by or about Mano (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Mano (Pre-Zero Hour)
|Legion of Super-Heroes Villain(s)|
This character or group of characters is or was primarily an enemy of the Legion of Super-Heroes from the 31st Century, and may have existed in any of the various Legion continuities, including but not limited to the Original Legion, Reboot Legion, and the Prime Legion. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Legion of Super-Heroes villains" category.