Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Marcia Monroe was a spoiled young woman, daughter of a wealthy man, who enjoyed risking her life in absurd and pointless situations. Her playgirl attitude created trouble for the police, who often tried to save her from harm during her own stunts. Certain day, she was rescued by Batman, who brought her down to the ground and spanked her in public, making news in the headlines of the most notorious newspapers. Shortly after this encounter, Marcia started following Batman on his crime-busting activities and provided unrequested help when Batman less expected it. Marcia revealed that Batman's vulgar display of power was enough to make her fall in love with him. Batman and Marcia became an inseparable couple, but one day, she vanished without a trace.
Some time later, Batman saved a girl from being attacked with an arrow and soon he realized it was Marcia. She had returned to Gotham to ask Batman to return a valuable stolen gem which she had acquired from her father. Batman agreed to help her, but Marcia double-crossed Batman and provided evidence to the police incriminating Batman for the stealing of the gem. It was later revealed that Marcia had joined the crime syndicate known as CYCLOPS under the codename of Queen Bee. She was the leader of the task force that was in charge of releasing Eclipso from his human host, Bruce Gordon. With Eclipso's help, Queen Bee started a criminal spree and a campaign to get the criminal organizations of Gotham City under the control of CYCLOPS.
However, when Eclipso threatened to murder Batman, Marcia intervened and saved the man she loved. She then revealed that she had been forced to join CYCLOPS in order to save her father. Marcia helped Batman find a way to escape from Eclipso's trap and before parting ways, she gave Batman the real stolen gem and promised to stall Eclipso for a moment until he managed to escape. Batman was able to clear his name and stopped Eclipso with Bruce Gordon's help, but Marcia vanished from his life once again and never returned.
- This version of Queen Bee, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Marcia's history with Batman resembles that of Andrea Beaumont and Bruce Wayne in the DCAU. Both Marcia and Andrea are the daughters of wealthy men who are involved with the organized crime, both of them fall in love with Bruce Wayne/Batman and both of them disappear for a long time before reappearing as a costumed criminal and in the end, they both disappear without a trace.
- 3 Appearances of Marcia Monroe (Earth-One)
- 5 Images featuring Marcia Monroe (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Marcia Monroe (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Marcia Monroe (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."