- Maggie Carle -- girl reporter and girl vampire -- at your service!
- -- Maggie Carle src
Maggie Carle is a New York City reporter. She teams up with Andrew Bennett on one adventure when they're both investigating mysterious disappearances in the subway. They find an insectoid monster responsible, and Maggie bludgeons him after a long fight with Andrew. They're captured by a scientist named Allen Barr responsible for the monster. Barr is a vampire who created a cancer serum that makes humans poisonous to other vampires, eliminating his competition. Maggie reveals herself to be a vampire and an agent of the Blood Red Moon, tracking Barr down to find the antidote. They knock out Barr, and Maggie steals the antidote for Blood Red Moon research. Before leaving, she tosses a copy to Andrew and asks him not to tell Mary, Queen of Blood or she'll be killed.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: A vampire's senses are enhanced far beyond those of a normal human being.
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Vampires often demonstrate the ability to alter their appearance at will.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- It has never been revealed what happened to Mary after her two-part story arc.
- 2 Appearances of Margaret Carle (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Margaret Carle (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Margaret Carle (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Margaret Carle (New Earth)