Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
When Mari was just little girl her mother died trying to protect her people. Her father, Richard Jiwe, attempted to pass the Tantu Totem on to her. Her corrupt uncle Mustapha Maksai came to claim it. Her father refused, which lead to a fire fight. Mari was forced to flee with the totem.
Once Mari reached adulthood she had risen from a street orphan to a top tier fashion designer, model, reality show star and animal activist. During an interview on Angela Chen's talk show she learned that the mother of Charlotte, a child from her outreach program, had gone missing. She decided use the powers of the Tantu Totem find Charlotte's mother, and she did. She also found several other people trapped in cages, and their jailer, Spiderbite. Using the totem's Mari was able to defeat Spiderbite and reunite Charlotte with mother. After this event Mari decided to dedicate her life to be the super hero Vixen.
Justice League of America
- Vixen (Mari McCabe) was created by Gerry Conway and Curt Swan, first appearing in Action Comics #521. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Vixen (Mari McCabe) first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League International (Volume 3) #1 by Dan Jurgens and Aaron Lopresti.
- 37 Appearances of Mari McCabe (Prime Earth)
- 39 Images featuring Mari McCabe (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Mari McCabe (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mari McCabe (Prime Earth)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.