|Real Name||Mark Mardon|
|Current Alias||Weather Wizard|
|Relatives||Josh Jackam (son), Clyde Mardon (brother)|
|Affiliation||Rogues; formerly The Society|
|Base Of Operations||Central City|
|Universe||Earth-One, New Earth|
|Creators||John Broome, Carmine Infantino|
- You're good with a gun. But people like me? We're more like gods.
- -- Mark Mardon src
A two-bit criminal who had a little bit of luck, Mark Mardon stumbled upon a scientific device, a wand that could localize weather, creating hail, lightning, and other destructive forms of weather. He used the wand countless times against the Flash as Weather Wizard, a member of the Rogues Gallery.
Weather Wizard developed a plan to take over the country by building weather control stations to blanket entire areas with extreme weather. He began in the small town of Goldville, Wyoming, demanding that the citizens pay him or experience worse weather. He would then use the money raised to fund larger control stations. When spring didn't come to Goldville, Elongated Man came to investigate. He was joined by Kid Flash, and together, the two defeated the Rogue.
Geoff Johns Run
When Blacksmith was creating her Network, she brought together a large number of Rogues including Weather Wizard. At the time, Wally West thought Julie Jackum's newly-born child was his. However, Weather Wizard learns the truth that the child, Josh, was his from a one-night with Julie. Josh, exhibited the same weather-controlling abilities that Mardon possess except he did not need the weather wand. Weather Wizard attempted to kidnap Josh to dissect him and understand his abilities for himself. Weather Wizard was ultimately stopped by Flash and sent to Iron Heights.
Inertia reunited Weather Wizard and the rest of the Rogues, claiming that he could build a device that could stop time, allowing them to do whatever they wanted. However, the machine's actual use was to transfer the Speed Force from the new Flash to himself. When the Flash arrived to stop them, the machine rendered him powerless. However, the Rogues soon realized that someone was helping the speedster, and it was possible that his powers could be returned. Not wanting this to happen, Weather Wizard, along with Captain Cold and Heat Wave fired on the powerless Flash in the back, resulting in his death.
Controversy over Brother's Death
Mark has a long-standing controversy over his brother's death. Mark recalls finding his brother dead in his home after escaping prison. He recalls taking his brother's technology and furthered it to create his Weather Wand. Mark was further investigated during incarceration by Gregory Wolfe at Iron Heights for the suspected murdering of his brother. In a visit to his brother's cabin, Mark commiserated over the loss of his brother and admits that he was capable of murdering him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Weather Manipulation: The ability to localize weather, creating hail, lightning, and other destructive forms of weather. Weather Wizard originally wielded a wand that enabled him to control weather patterns. Weather Wizard has used it to produce blizzards, summon lightning bolts, fly using air currents, produce fog and generate winds. Essentially Weather Wizard can produce any type of weather pattern imaginable, as well as other phenomenon such as tornadoes.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 151 Appearances of Mark Mardon (New Earth)
- 84 Images featuring Mark Mardon (New Earth)
- 6 Quotations by or about Mark Mardon (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mark Mardon (New Earth)
- Weather Wizard at dccomics.com
- Weather Wizard at Wikipedia.org
- Weather Wizard at Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Holy anachronisms, Batman!
This article is in need of updated information.