- You're good with a gun. But people like me? We're more like gods.
- -- Mark Mardon src
- -- Mark Mardon src
A two-bit criminal who had a little bit of luck, Mark Mardon stumbled upon a scientific device, a wand that could localize weather, creating hail, lightning, and other destructive forms of weather. He used the wand countless times against the Flash as Weather Wizard, a member of the Rogues Gallery.
Weather Wizard developed a plan to take over the country by building weather control stations to blanket entire areas with extreme weather. He began in the small town of Goldville, Wyoming, demanding that the citizens pay him or experience worse weather. He would then use the money raised to fund larger control stations. When spring didn't come to Goldville, Elongated Man came to investigate. He was joined by Kid Flash, and together, the two defeated the Rogue.
Inertia reunited Weather Wizard and the rest of the Rogues, claiming that he could build a device that could stop time, allowing them to do whatever they wanted. However, the machine's actual use was to transfer the Speed Force from the new Flash to himself. When the Flash arrived to stop them, the machine rendered him powerless. However, the Rogues soon realized that someone was helping the speedster, and it was possible that his powers could be returned. Not wanting this to happen, Weather Wizard, along with Captain Cold and Heat Wave fired on the powerless Flash in the back, resulting in his death.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Weather Manipulation: The ability to localize weather, creating hail, lightning, and other destructive forms of weather. Weather Wizard originally wielded a wand that enabled him to control weather patterns. Weather Wizard has used it to produce blizzards, summon lightning bolts, fly using air currents, produce fog and generate winds. Essentially Weather Wizard can produce any type of weather pattern imaginable, as well as other phenomenon such as tornadoes.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 150 Appearances of Mark Mardon (New Earth)
- 85 Images featuring Mark Mardon (New Earth)
- 6 Quotations by or about Mark Mardon (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mark Mardon (New Earth)
- Weather Wizard at dccomics.com
- Weather Wizard at Wikipedia.org
- Weather Wizard at Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Holy anachronisms, Batman!
This article is in need of updated information.