|Real Name||Mark Scheffer|
|Relatives||Suze (Ex-wife); Maddie (Daughter); Meredith (Daughter)|
|Affiliation||Cyborg Revenge Squad, Secret Society of Super-Villains, Suicide Squad|
|Unusual Features||Body is entirely made out of scraps of metal|
|Creators||Paul Kupperberg, Erik Larsen|
Shrapnel, real name Mark Scheffer, is an assassin with a monstrous metallic appearance. For his first professional case as a hitman, Shrapnel was hired to go to Kansas City to kill Walter Williamson, a man from his past. Shrapnel attempted to stay incognito, but failed miserably after deciding to slaughter anyone who caught a glimpse of him. Within hours there was a citywide manhunt for the unusual killer.
- Unique Physiology: Shrapnel's body apparently consists of sharp, hard scales which are organic in nature but resemble metal. Each scale seems to be an individual living organism controlled by Shrapnel's consciousness. Shrapnel can fire scales from his body will great explosive force. In fact, he can blow apart his entire body into individual scaly parts. Traveling with explosive speed, the sharp, hard scales are formidable weapons. Shrapnel can reform his individual parts into his whole humanoid form at will. Sufficient force directed against Shrapnel will cause him to explode into his individual parts, but he can reform within seconds. The individual organisms composing Shrapnel seem to gain sustenance from blood. Those that Shrapnel loses will eventually die, but he can regenerate new ones.
- 50 Appearances of Mark Scheffer (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Mark Scheffer (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Mark Scheffer (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mark Scheffer (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Doom Patrol Villain(s)
|Outsiders Villain(s) |
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."