Martha Kent was the wife of Jonathan Kent and the adoptive mother of Clark Kent, aka, Superboy (later Superman). She helped her husband run the Kent Farm, then later the Kent General Store. Her maiden name was Martha Clark, and Clark Kent's first name is taken from this. Her parents' names were Henry and Willa Clark.
When Clark Kent was in his early twenties, Martha and Jonathan went on a vacation in the Caribbean where they discovered a buried treasure chest. Opening the chest released a virulent alien micro-organism that infected both of them. Young Clark tried to save them, but failed. Both Martha and Jonathan passed away at the same time. 
- This version of Martha Kent, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 263 Appearances of Martha Clark (Earth-One)
- 12 Images featuring Martha Clark (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Martha Clark (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Martha Clark (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Superman Family member