"Fever Dream": In Gotham City, Batman chases down a serial killer responsible for murdering twelve children. Confronted by his own guilt, the man throws himself from the roof of a building. Batman is unable to save the man, owing primarily to the sudden and distra
- I've been on this world for... how many years? I can't say for sure -- but long enough to be comfortable here... as comfortable as a Martian could ever be among men.
Appearing in "Fever Dream"
- Justice League International
- H'ronmeer (First appearance)
- Saul Erdel (Flashback only)
- Middleton, Colorado (Flashback only)
- Gotham City
- Mars (Flashback only)
- New York City
Synopsis for "Fever Dream"
In Gotham City, Batman chases down a serial killer responsible for murdering twelve children. Confronted by his own guilt, the man throws himself from the roof of a building. Batman is unable to save the man, owing primarily to the sudden and distractive appearance of the Martian Manhunter. Something is affecting the Manhunter's perceptions, and he begins lashing out wildly. Batman calms him down and brings him back to the Batcave. J'onn is feeling better, but confesses that he has recently been ill and experiencing bizarre hallucinations. One of J'onn's hallucinations manifests itself in the Batcave, and Batman notices it as well. The image is of a monstrous, amorphous, black demon. J'onn loses his composure and knocks Batman out before fleeing from the cave.
Later, the Martian Manhunter continues to struggle with the demonic villain, and the two exchange blows. J'onn is still convinced that this manifestation is just a byproduct of a fever dream.
- Logo design by Alex Jay who is credited in issue #4.
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 1) is a four-issue limited series.
- This issue makes reference to a sentient spore that infected the Martian Manhunter in Justice League Annual #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Martian Manhunter Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Martian Manhunter series