"Who Am I?": H'ronmeer whisks Doctor Erdel high into the sky, while the Martian Manhunter continues to scream in pain. The Martian God of Death continues his efforts to unlock J'onn's true memories. Little by littl
- I offered to send you home. You didn't exactly take to the idea. Thirty years of work... destroyed in less than a minute. You were fast, J'onn -- I'll give you that. And you were damned efficient.
Appearing in "Who Am I?"
- K'hym (Flashback only)
- Miles the cat
Synopsis for "Who Am I?"
H'ronmeer whisks Doctor Erdel high into the sky, while the Martian Manhunter continues to scream in pain. The Martian God of Death continues his efforts to unlock J'onn's true memories. Little by little, the false imagery of life on Mars is slowly stripped away, to be replaced by a more graphic, and harrowing reality. He recalls the plague of fire that destroyed his people, as well as the tragic loss of his daughter, K'hym.
After another violent spell, H'ronmeer seemingly disappears and J'onn finally comes to terms with his true identity. He stands revealed in his true Martian form – not the muscle-bound beetle-brow visage that he had grown accustomed to.
Erdel takes him back to the cabin and shows him the machinery that he once used to transport the Manhunter from Mars to Earth. J'onn realizes that the psychic phenomena that he has been experiencing will not cease unless he returns to his home world. He convinces Erdel to fire up the old device and transport him back to Mars.
Arriving on the Red Planet, J'onn comes face to face with the true H'ronmeer.
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 1) is a four-issue limited series.
- This issue is the first appearance of the Martian Manhunter in his true form.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Martian Manhunter Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Martian Manhunter series