The marvelous competition. Marvel Comics is a comic book publishing house famous for creating notable characters such as Spider-Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Iron Man and the X-Men. Marvel Comics and DC Comics have collaborated on several crossover projects together and also co-founded the short-lived Amalgam Comics imprint.
- See also: Marvel Universe
- In 2009, The Walt Disney Company bought Marvel Entertainment.
- Over the years, DC and Marvel have been strong rivals, their relationship ranging from being a friendly rivalry (with crossover events and the aforementioned Amalgam Comics) to accusations of theft.
- In the Multiversity series, Major Comics is mentioned as a major competitor to DC Comics, responsible for the creation of several characters and teams that are reflective of Marvel properties, including the Retaliators (Avengers), Crusader (Captain America), Lord Havok (Doctor Doom), and more.
Links and References
- "Marvel Comics" at Wikipedia
- "Marvel Database Project" Wikia
- "Marvel.com" - Official Website
- Marvel Comics Pastiches