Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
A Lonely Place of Living
Bette, visiting Kate in Gotham, discusses how much happier Kate is with the Bat-Family. She then goes on to say she wants to join The Team as Flamebird. Kate replies that if Bette manages to pass her second year exams at West Point better than the 99th percentile, she'll pass on a good word to Batman. Bette tries to argue, but Kate is called away by Batman. She orders Bette to stay put and out of costume. Bette agrees reluctantly.
- Bette Kane was created by Bill Finger and Sheldon Moldoff, first appearing in Batman #139. Mary Elizabeth Kane was adapted by George Pérez and Tom Grummett from Bette Kane; first appearing in Secret Origins Annual #3. The latter version of the character was adapted and introduced into the Prime Earth continuity first appearing as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batwoman #1 by J.H. Williams III and W. Haden Blackman.
- 32 Appearances of Mary Elizabeth Kane (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Mary Elizabeth Kane (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Mary Elizabeth Kane (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mary Elizabeth Kane (Prime Earth)