Marya was a respected member of the reigning Science Council on the planet commonly referred to as Krypton. She was one of the few who held the scientist Jor-El in high regard, and frequently used her influence to keep Jor-El in the council's good graces. When Jor-El came to the council with news of Krypton's imminent destruction from solar flare activity, Marya and the other council members established a special committee to deliberate over a proper course of action. Mired in bureaucracy however, the Science Council was incapable of determining a suitable means to save their beleaguered planet. Krypton's red sun soon flared to supernova status consuming all life on the planet Krypton. Marya, and her colleagues on the Science Council died instantly.
Under a red sun, Marya possessed no superhuman powers. If she had lived on Earth, she would have possessed powers similar to that of Superman.
Known Abilities: Marya was a savvy politician and highly skilled in various unspecified fields of science.
Strength Level: Marya possessed the strength level of an average, middle-aged female Kryptonian.
- This version of Marya (Earth-Prime), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Marya (Earth-Prime)
- 1 Images featuring Marya (Earth-Prime)
- Quotations by or about Marya (Earth-Prime)
- Character Gallery: Marya (Earth-Prime)