- You must wait, with no thought of self, until spiritual forces work through you to release the shaft. The shot must fall from the archer like snow from a bamboo leaf before he even thinks of it.
- -- Master Jansen src
Master Jansen was a sensei and staff member at the ashram where Connor Hawke once lived. Once the ashram was taken over by Winky World owner, Mister Mueller, Jansen and Hawke were no longer welcome on the premises. Jansen accompanied Connor on many of his adventures and briefly lived with him in New York City. Eventually, Connor won ownership of the ashram after a trial by combat and Master Jansen and he returned to their home.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 22 Appearances of Master Jansen (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Master Jansen (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Master Jansen (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Master Jansen (New Earth)