Matrix-Prime was created scientists working for The Council. Made of ultra-tough metal and fitted with vocal equipment, the huge robot was originally made for flying only, having rocket tubes instead of legs. It was first sent to steal for The Council, keeping off antagonists by creating smaller robots of various types to do battle, then return within it to be recycled for the next robot productions.
Supergirl followed after Matrix-Prime to the underwater headquarters of The Council. It was there that Brains, leader of the Gang, used a device to take over Matrix-Prime for a battle with Supergirl. The robot was defeated and Brains lapsed into a coma. The leaders of The Council escaped, however.
The battle with Supergirl had caused a feedback that fused the consciousness of Matrix-Prime and Brains, so that the latter was able to summon the rebuilt Matrix-Prime to break her out of jail.
- This version of Matrix-Prime, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 5 Appearances of Matrix-Prime (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Matrix-Prime (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Matrix-Prime (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Matrix-Prime (Earth-One)