Matt Hagen was a member of the League of Shadows, but not a very good one. When he discovered he had cancer, he felt the Lazarus Pit could heal him. To gain access to them, he started dating Talia. She was madly in love with him, and her father's cries that he would betray her fell on deaf ears.
When she finally learned he did not love her, and instead only wanted access to the pit, she decided to show him. When he was completely submerged, she closed the lid and locked him. Apart from Talia, only Sensei knew what happened.
Months later, when Ra's next used the pit, he was able to crawl out, but he was transformed into a clay-like monster. Immediately attacking Talia, Ra's was able to stop it. Not having any use for the monster, he shipped it to Gotham City so Batman would have his hands full with it.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Young Justice and its tie-in comic book series. It is an adaptation of Matthew Hagen/Clayface. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Sheldon Moldoff and first appeared in Sheldon Moldoff.
- Clayface was voiced by Nolan North.
- 5 Appearances of Matthew Hagen (Earth-16)
- 2 Images featuring Matthew Hagen (Earth-16)
- Quotations by or about Matthew Hagen (Earth-16)
- Character Gallery: Matthew Hagen (Earth-16)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
League of Assassins member