Mavis Trent was a naturalist and anthropologist working at the Midway City Museum. When Thanagarian police officer Katar Hol (using the alias Carter Hall) became curator of the museum, Mavis became instantly smitten with him. She persisted in trying to charm Carter and was undeterred by the fact that he was married to co-curator Shayera Hol (alias Shayera Hall). She even changed her hair to red in a vain attempt to get Carter's attention.
Years later, Mavis eventually learned the truth about the Halls' Thanagarian heritage when she discovered Shayera's Hawkgirl costume in the museum. Believing that she was alone, she decided to try it on. As it turned out, a group of Thanagarian shadow agents raided the museum in search of Katar and Shayera's anti-gravity belts. Mistaking Mavis for Shayera, they turned their weapons against her disintegrating her on the spot.
- This version of Mavis Trent, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 22 Appearances of Mavis Trent (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Mavis Trent (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Mavis Trent (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Mavis Trent (Earth-One)