Max Chill was the son of Mrs. Chilton, a housekeeper who once worked for millionaire and eminent physician Dr. Thomas Wayne. He was also the brother of Joe Chill, the man who murdered the Waynes and started a chain reaction that ended with the creation of Batman.
After Joe was killed by some of his gangster pals, Max sought revenge against the man who caused the death of his brother: Batman. As he had no fortune in his quest, Max started working for a criminal known as "The King", and under the King's instructions, Max murdered an innocent man using a fake hook in his hand. The purpose was to throw away the investigations of the murder and frame Hook for the crime. For this reason, Deadman became involved in the crime and teamed-up with Batman to find the killer. Finally, Max was able to confront Batman and he had the upper hand in the fight, while Deadman was in possession of Batman's body, but as soon as the ghostly avenger released Batman, Max was utterly defeated. During the struggle, his body was crushed to death by large slot machines and with his dying breath, he told the truth about the King and the framing of the Hook.
- This version of Max Chill, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 4 Appearances of Max Chilton (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Max Chilton (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Max Chilton (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Max Chilton (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."