Queen Maxima is the ruler of the planet Almerac. She sought out a man of great warrior prowess to be her mate. After engaging and defeating De'Cine in combat, Maxima was told that another candidate was found for her. As she bathed, Maxima witnessed the great strength and power of Superman, currently living on Earth. Maxima showed great interest in Superman and decided to go to Earth to meet her potential mate.
Upon her arrival on Earth, Maxima overpowered several gang members who tried to take advantage of her and headed for a nearby newspaper stand where she saw Angela Chen on TV speaking about Superman. After finding the location of the broadcast, Maxima headed to the news room and explained to Angela that she was Superman's betrothed. During a live interview, the queen of Almerac became violent, demanding to know the location of Superman who arrived shortly before Maxima tossed a camera.
Despite Maxima's seductive methods, Superman refused to take her as his wife and rule Almerac, she didn't take refusal well and therefore slugged him, beginning a fight between the two. It was after the fight Maxima realized she may have found her equal and therefore embraced Superman, however even after being refused a second time, she weakened him and took him back to Almerac with her.
Upon her return to Almerac, Maxima returned to the palace, dragging an unconscious Superman by his cape. Maxima entered the throne room to find De'Cine sitting upon her throne and her guards surrounding both her and Superman. De'Cine sent both Maxima, Superman and even Maxima's handmaiden Sazu to the dungeon. Angered at her handmaiden's betrayal, Maxima morphed a nearby stalagmite into a sword and nearly killed Sazu had it not been for Superman's intervention.
While in the dungeon, she and the others encountered a Carnorite which had lived in the dungeon for years. Maxima and Superman stunned the creature by tying two of the creatures tounges and lassoing them around the shield generator for the dungeon. With the creature down, Superman drilled a hole through the ceiling leading to the surface and bringing both Maxima and Sazu up with him.
Maxima entered the throne room as De'Cine was entertained and feasting and he ordered the guards to kill them. She and Superman held them off while Sazu went to obtain the bracelet De'Cine stole from Maxima, only to be caught by him. Superman sent a guard flying towards De'Cine, giving Sazu enough time to open a portal to the dungeon and Superman sending the guards through. Once the guards were subdued, De'Cine tried escaping, only for Maxima to stop him and almost kill him, however didn't after Superman convinced her otherwise. Maxima then had De'Cine locked up in a really nasty dungeon and despite her attempts to keep Superman on Almerac, she let him go.
- Psionics: Maxima possesses immense psionic powers, giving her many amazing abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: Maxima is shown to be very strong, nearly on par with that of Superman.
- Superhuman Durability: On her home planet and on Earth, Maxima has demonstrated a great resilience to pain. This was shown when Superman flung her into a nearby metal support, which left her without a scratch.
- Reality Alteration: Maxima has a degree of reality alteration which is granted to her via telepathic means. She is shown to use this power to change her clothes, free herself from her restraints and even morph swords out of rocks.
- Swordsmanship: Maxima had demonstrated to be very proficient with a sword.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Aside from her proficiency with a sword, Maxima had also shown to have significant skill in terms of basic hand-to-hand combat.
- Power Bracelets: Maxima possesses two power bracelets, capable of creating teleportation portals from her current location to anywhere in the galaxy.
- Sword: Maxima's preferred weapon of choice is a sword.
- Maxima was voiced by Sharon Lawrence.
- 1 Appearances of Maxima (DCAU)
- 1 Images featuring Maxima (DCAU)
- Quotations by or about Maxima (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Maxima (DCAU)