- To the depths of Tartarus with you!
- -- Maximillian Zeus src
Maximillian Zeus; a.k.a. "Maxie Zeus" was a prominent business owner who turned into a master criminal. Maximillian Zeus was the CEO of Maximillian Shipping Lines, a prominent shipping company. However, the company's business wasn't good at some point and Maxie started working for mob and mafias in Gotham City. The pressure of working in that line of business caused Maxie's mind to fail and he started believing that he was the reincarnation of the Greek God Zeus. After his mental breakdown, he presented himself as the supreme Greek God Zeus, dressing in a period costume and carrying a metal thunderbolt that could emit an electrical charge. A short time later, he stole the federal government's Electrical Discharge Cannon, and it attracted Batman's attention. Batman later infiltrated Zeus' complex and eventually tried to destroy the cannon with Zeus' thunderbolt rod. Zeus leapt after it and electrocuted himself unconscious.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Maximillian Zeus/Maxie Zeus. The original character was created by Dennis O'Neil and Don Newton and first appeared in Detective Comics #483.
- Maxie Zeus was voiced by Steve Susskind
- 6 Appearances of Maximillian Zeus (DCAU)
- 1 Images featuring Maximillian Zeus (DCAU)
- 3 Quotations by or about Maximillian Zeus (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Maximillian Zeus (DCAU)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."