In order to follow the Naming Conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to Maya of the Dryads (New Earth). Discuss this and other proposed moves. Do not make any changes yourself; it will be moved by an admin and/or bot.
Click here for a complete list of articles to be moved.
Maya is the queen of a species of Dryads that live in another dimension that is accessible from Earth by travel through plants. When criminal Jason Woodrue, also native of the Dryads dimension, initiated a plot to conquer the Earth with specially plants, part of his scheme involved kidnapping Maya. She would be rescued by the Atom, and together they would free the Dryad people and foil Woodrue's plot to conquer the Earth.
Later, when a man named Arthur Ennis would refuse come forward as a witness of a robbery because he is afraid that it would effect the outcome of his job interview at a bank the following day, the Atom would enlist the aid of Maya and the Dryads to help him convince Arthur otherwise. Taking advantage of Arthur's superstitions and Irish background, Maya and the others would appear before him posing as Leprechauns and convince him to testify against the crooks.
Latere, Maya would once more seek the Atom's aid in stopping Jason Woodrue who had taken over the realm of the Dryads and has plotted to destroy Earth's plant life with a special radiation. However, Maya and the Atom would join forces and foil Woodrue's plot once more, exiling him from the land of the Dryads and back into a jail cell.
Maya had abilities common to those of Dryads, she was able to fly and had control over plant life. She also had the ability to travel between the Dryad and Earth dimensions by traveling interdimensionally through plants.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 4 Appearances of Maya (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Maya (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Maya (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Maya (Earth-One)