Mazdan was a thief from the far future who was sentenced to be exiled in the desolate 50th century by means of a time capsule. However, this time capsule went the wrong direction, sending him to the 20th century instead. Here, he tried to fix the capsule so he could return to his own time to get revenge. Using a special magnetic rod, he stole many items mysteriously to use for his capsule, including an electric shaver, a tube from a television, a car generator, and a beaker from Barry Allen's lab. Barry caught a glimpse of the thief and ran after him as the Flash. However, Mazdan used a special weapon that fired rings of intense heat at the hero, distracting him long enough for the thief to make a getaway. All that Mazdan needed now for his capsule was gold for its outer shielding. This gold his stole from the Clover Street Bank. Flash managed to apprehend him that time, but Mazdan quickly escaped from police custody by using a special chemically treated contact lens to magnify the light from the lamp in his cell into a beam of heat which melted the lock. As he made his escape, he took with him his heat ring gun and the gold which he took from the bank. Following Mazdan's trail of heat, Flash found him on the outskirts of Central City with his time capsule. Flash deduced that the time capsule, powered by heat, would create giant blast, destroying Central City and leaving a ten-mile crater in its stead, were Mazdan to return home in the capsule. Instead, Flash took him to a racetrack, where he ran fast enough to break the time barrier, returning Mazdan to his proper era. The authorities in the future promised that they would make sure that Mazdan ended up in the proper time when they exiled him.
- This version of Mazdan (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series and is now considered apocryphal.
- This story never mentioned what year Mazdan is from, although we can conjecture. As his time capsule went back in time, it passed a calendar from the year 3000, so he must be from at least the 31st century, and before the 50th century, because that is the future in relation to his era. If we assume that his capsule went the correct amount of time, just in the wrong direction, that would place him in the 35th century, 15 centuries after the 20th century, where he ended up, and 15 centuries before the 50th century, where he was supposed to go.
- 3 Appearances of Mazdan (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Mazdan (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Mazdan (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Mazdan (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: