- In forest dark or glade beferned, no blade of grass shall go unturned. Let those who have the daylight spurned, tread not where this green lamp has burned.
- -- Medphyll src
As a veteran warrior who served with numerous Lanterns, Medphyll considered Hal Jordan one of the greatest. This was not his only meeting with an earthling, having once encountered the Earth Elemental known as Swamp Thing. Using his floral experience, Medphyll assisted Swamp Thing in returning to his homeworld.
A villainous Medphyll also met Jack Knight in a hostile encounter, in which he was killed.
- Alien Physiology: Medphyll is a sentient plant life form. His body contains no important organs except the "Mind Stalks" on his head which appear like hair. He gains nourishment through photosynthesis and life from the Mind Stalks.
- Psychic Link: The use of these mind stalks is what allows him a telepathic connection to plants. This ability enables Medphyll to transfer his mind into any local plant life.
- Vulnerability to Cold: Due to his plantlike nature and the tropical climate of his home world, Medphyll was extremely vulnerable to cold weather. Fortunately, his Green Lantern Ring and Darkstar Exo-Mantle protected him from extreme variances in temperature.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Medphyll's predecessor on J586 was named Jothra.
- Medphyll's body is comprised of vegetative material and as such, he gains nourishment through photosynthesis rather than through the consumption of food stuffs.
- Constructs are plant-like, continuing to grow as more are created.
- Medphyll is also spelled Medphyl.
- During his time as a member of the Darkstars, Medphyll wore a specially designed battle suit, which provided him with the ability to fly, as well as operate in unfavorable environments. The Exo-Mantle was also equipped with maser technology, which allowed Medphyll to generate blasts of electromagnetic force.
- 29 Appearances of Medphyll (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Medphyll (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Medphyll (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Medphyll (New Earth)
- Green Lantern at dccomics.com
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Medphyll and Penelops
- Medphyl chronology index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Medphyl profile at the Book of Oa
- Medphyll profile at GLCorps
- Medphyll mini-biography at Wikipedia
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."