The sole person on a world where twin birth is a normal, Mekt was treated with pity and fear and became suicidal. The other people in his school used to say that Validus, the Lord of Lightning, was Mekt's true father. He became a part of a cult that worshiped Validus. The cult had a prophecy that a certain solo would bring Validus to Winath in the flesh, but on the planet Korbal. While near the Korbal, they crash-landed because his siblings Garth and Ayla had followed him. Ayla suggested that they could use the local lightning beings to recharge the ships batteries. But the siblings were attacked and lapsed into coma of massive electrocution. They discovered later that they had gained electrical powers.
The Wanderers were a group of "black ops" superheroes created by the Earthgov. All of them, but Mekt, were killed fighting the Dominators (who had began a war against the United Planets). Mekt searched the galaxy to create the new Wanderers and found Polar Boy, White Witch, Inferno, Plant Lad and others. The Wanderers manipulated the Legion of Super-Heroes into freeing Mon-El from the Phantom Zone and giving him the lead antitoxin, but when that was done, Star Boy, Karate Kid, Ultra Boy, Light Lass and Mon-El were teleported to the Wanderers.
After the final battle against the Dominators, Mekt was surprised that Cosmic Boy was planning to cause the entire Dominator homeworld to explode with a bomb that Brainiac 5 built. Both Mekt and Supergirl were willing to deliver the bomb to the planet's core, but Cosmic Boy decided that Mon-El would deliver it. Mon-El agreed, but Mekt did not. The bomb was in fact not an actual bomb, but rather an extremely powerful Phantom Zone projector. Cosmic Boy was going to wait to tell the rest of the Legion about it until Mekt and the Wanderers would go away from Earth, in fear that Mekt would try to retrieve Mon-El himself, without any thought of retrieving something else. However, because Cosmic Boy disappeared, the Wanderers stayed a little longer than planned. Mekt was picked to one Cosmic Boy-search team together with Star Boy and Sun Boy, and they were going to Winath. There, after a series of dramatic events, Mekt had one of his fingers bitten of by Tenzil Kem and was arrested for murder, attempted murder of a government official (as Tenzil Kem was a persecutor appointed by the United Planets to investigate Cosmic Boy's possible war crimes) and mind control (as he had let Vrax Gozzl control the minds of certain Winathians).
- Energy Absorption: Lightning Lord can absorb electrical energy into his body and rechannel it for offensive purposes. His body functions as a natural insulator, and he cannot be harmed from the effects of his own powers.
- Energy Projection: Lightning Lord can generate and control fields of electrical energy. He can channel this energy through his hands and project it as a super-heated discharge with properties similar to that of lightning. Unlike true lightning, Mekt can manipulate these electric discharges in non-terrestrial environments such as outer space. Although the speed and voltage of his electric discharges has never been measured, it can be assumed that their affects are similar to that of a bolt of lightning. A bolt of lightning can travel at a speed of 100000 mph (160934 km/h), and can reach temperatures approaching 28000 °C (60000 °F), hot enough to fuse soil or sand into glass channels. 
- Electronics: Lightning Lord possesses a working knowledge of devices such as, semiconductors, resistors, inductors, capacitors, nano-structures, and vacuum tubes.
- Leadership: Lightning Lord has developed strong leadership capabilities and can command the respect and obedience of others.
- Lightning Lord's mental instability and obsession with his family often affects his judgment.
- 6 Appearances of Mekt Ranzz (Earth-Prime)
- 3 Images featuring Mekt Ranzz (Earth-Prime)
- Quotations by or about Mekt Ranzz (Earth-Prime)
- Character Gallery: Mekt Ranzz (Earth-Prime)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Legion of Super-Heroes Villain(s)|
This character or group of characters is or was primarily an enemy of the Legion of Super-Heroes from the 31st Century, and may have existed in any of the various Legion continuities, including but not limited to the Original Legion, Reboot Legion, and the Prime Legion. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Legion of Super-Heroes villains" category.