- You're finished, Aquaman! The Seven Seas are now mine to plunder!
Appearing in "Menace of the Black Manta"
Synopsis for "Menace of the Black Manta"
Black Manta has implanted an antenna device on top of the head of a killer whale. Using a brain-scramble on board his sea-saucer he drives the whale berserk, forcing it to attack Aquaman, Aqualad and Mera. The whale unseats Mera from her sea-horse, and she drops down into the clutches of a giant clam. Aquaman and Aqualad leave her, believing that the clam is the safest place for her.
Aquaman tries to use his telepathy to calm the whale down, but it doesn't work. He then notices the antenna sticking out of the top of its head, and summons a hammerhead shark to lend assistance. The shark breaks the antenna, and Black Manta loses control of the whale. Manta then uses the devices on his ship to command the undersea plant life to ensnare the heroes inside of their massive tentacles. Aquaman summons a jellyfish to poison the plants, forcing them to release him.
Black Manta leaves his saucer to battle Aquaman one on one. He brandishes two sharpened blades, but Aquaman easily evades his foe's thrusts. Black Manta loses his balance and falls down into a deep chasm. Aquaman and Aqualad return to the spot where they left Mera and free her from the clam.
- At one point, Aquaman ponders why a killer whale won't obey his telepathic commands. Perhaps Aquaman briefly forgot that his telepathic powers only work on fish, not mammals.
- At the end of the episode, Aquaman and Aqualad release Mera from the giant clam. She begins to swim after them, but her own sea-horse is nowhere to be found.
- During the first battle sequence, Aqualad exclaims, "Holy Hurricanes!", which is an odd thing for him to say, as there are no hurricanes underwater.
- Images from Aquaman Episode: Menace of the Black Manta
- Discuss "Menace of the Black Manta" on the forums
- Episodes of Aquaman
- Images from Aquaman
- Gallery for the Aquaman series
- Aquaman Recommended Reading
Links and References