Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
- The absence of water is not my weakness. It's all of yours.
- -- Mera src
History of character is unknown.
- Hydrokinesis: Mera can control water. She has very fine control over it and can cause it to take the shape or form she chooses. As well as strike out in hard splashes and cutting waves. She does need water to manipulate, she cannot create it. But she can pull it from creative places including from inside a human's body. She cannot control snow or ice.
- Superhuman Strength: Mera's strikes crash like tidal waves. When fighting off the Trench she displayed that she could crack their subhuman skulls with just a single strike. While above water she was able to snap a man's arm just by adding some pressure to it.
- Superhuman Speed: Mera can swim at speeds that match her partner's and possibly surpass them.
- Amphibious Nature: Mera can breath just fine above water with seemingly no limit to the length she can spend there. She can remain underwater indefinitely and has no problem breathing and speaking while submerged.
- Swimming: Mera has lived underwater her whole life as such she is an expert in swimming and has taken to it like humans take to walking.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Mera was trained by her father to murder the King of Atlantis, as such she went through rigorous fights in order to prepare herself. She's fought Black Manta to a standstill.
- Mera was created by Jack Miller and Nick Cardy, first appearing in Aquaman #11. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Mera first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Aquaman (Volume 7) #1 by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis.
- Mera is not Aquawoman and is not a mermaid.
- Mera is known as Queen Mera.
- 79 Appearances of Mera (Prime Earth)
- 49 Images featuring Mera (Prime Earth)
- 10 Quotations by or about Mera (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mera (Prime Earth)
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Aquaman (Volume 7) #3
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Aquaman (Volume 7) #4
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Aquaman (Volume 7) #12
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #15
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Aquaman (Volume 7) #6
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #7
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Aquaman (Volume 7) #18
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #23
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #11
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.