Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Mercury was the only Roman God to survive the war with Apokolips. He was kept prisoner by an unknown being for five years which he claims is a greater danger than Apokolips. He escaped back to Earth, but was fatally wounded in the process. Before he died, he passed on his speed to Jay Garrick, telling him about the evil. He then told him to run as the World Army tried to capture Jay.
- Winged Helmet
- Mercury first appeared in New Comics #5. However, in the Earth 2 continuity Mercury first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Earth 2 #1 by James Robinson and Nicola Scott.
- This character is an adaptation of Mercury, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 5 Appearances of Mercury (Earth 2)
- 1 Images featuring Mercury (Earth 2)
- 2 Quotations by or about Mercury (Earth 2)
- Character Gallery: Mercury (Earth 2)