Midge Merril was a circus performer until his partners were murdered by a gangster named Tapper Nolan, who sought to get protection money from the circus' owner. Merril decided to adopt the identity of the vigilante Batboy, who used baseball bats as his main theme. When Batboy started operating in Gotham City, Batman was out of town and Robin was left in charge of dealing with the new vigilante. After listening to Merril's story, Robin joined his efforts and together they captured Tapper Nolan and his gang.
After the criminals were captured and arrested, Batboy retired from being a vigilante and Robin helped him land a job on a local baseball team as the batboy.
- This version of Batboy, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Midge Merrill (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Midge Merrill (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Midge Merrill (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Midge Merrill (Earth-Two)