Many thousands of years ago the White Martians created a metavirus, a metagene that could be passed from host to host via touch. This metavirus was responsible for the empowerment of the Son of Vulcan. From that time on the Vulcans passed the metavirus down in an unbroken line, sworn to hunt and kill White Martians.
Young orphaned Miguel "Mikey" Devante is taken hostage by the Floronic Man at the Big Belly Burger in his hometown of Charlton’s Point. The original Vulcan (Erich Thonius) tells Mikey to free the other hostages while he battles the Floronic Man. Mikey remains at the site after he free's the hostages to help the Vulcan against the Floronic Man. Mikey saves Vulcan chopping off Floronic Man's arm with his sword. Vulcan then decides to appoint Mikey his succesor and takes him from the operphanage to the travel to the Vulcan’s Forge.
Son of Vulcan
When the pair arrive at the Forge the bases computer known as Praetor informs Vulcan that Floronic Man has escaped. Mikey and Vulcan soon realize that they are not battling the real Floronic Man as he has two arms and not one. It is revealed that he is really A'Morr a White Martian in disguise as the Floronic Man. She kills the Vulcan but not before the Flame of Vulcan is passed on to Mikey.
Mickey travels back to the Forge, where the computer request for him to verify himself. Pandora, the Vulcan's,an android assistant learns that Vulcan has been killed, and she goes to retrieve the sword and helmet which were left behind in Miguel's hasty retreat.
Praetor, upon Mikey's failure to recite any of the five governing laws of the Line of Fire and thus vox-confirm his identity as Vulcan, begins to scuttle the Forge and ejects Miguel into space, in compliance with Forge security protocols. Pandora saves Miguel and they try to leave the Forge in a jumpjet, the Justi-Flyer. Praetor turns Pandora off but Mikey escapes with the deactivated Pandora.
At the funeral of the original Vulcan, the Coalition of Crime attack Mikey, but he is helped by an old Son of Vulcan named Barney Blaine. Barney explains to Mikey that the White Martians created the Sons of Vulcan with the metavirus.
Mikey is attacked by the White Martian A'monn A'mokk but he is able to free himself and destroys A'morr. The pair had created a group of Human-Martian Hybrid children known as Sapling, Buster, Silhouette, Quaker and Blur, they all escape the attack.
One Year Later
Mikey later becomes an unwilling participant in one of Roulette's metahuman brawls, battling against Bork of the Power Company. Mikey later joins the Titans East, under the the leadership of Cyborg. His comeback is very short-lived, as the Titans are badly injured by the demon Trigon, and Mikey is left comatose.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Pyrokinesis: Thanks to the unique Vulcan Metavirus, Miguel is able to generate intense heat from any part of his body.
- Vulcan Armor: Miguel wears a special suit of body armor created by previous Vulcans, with gauntlets capable of generating force fields.
- Enhanced Intellect: Vulcans and Sons of Vulcan had access to the Encyclopedae Vulcanis, the collected lore of everyone who had ever borne the mantle of Vulcan.
- Force Field: A translucent circular energy shield manifested by his gauntlets.
- Hot Spots: Dimensional portals manifested by his armor that can transport Vulcan anywhere.
- Justi-Flyer: The flyer is a specialized jump-jet used by the original Vulcan.
- Hand-shaped scar on his face.
- 12 Appearances of Miguel Devante (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Miguel Devante (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Miguel Devante (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Miguel Devante (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: