Mikhail Gorbachev was the leader of USSR from 1985 to 1991.
During his tenure, he first refused to accept a 'Star Wars' satellite hijacked by Kobra. Soon afterward, Kremlin-affiliated agent Bad Samaritan stole plates to print dollars and Markovian coins; Gorbachev rejected the gift and returned it to the American super-team Force of July when they raided the URSS for it, being the Premier's opinion that an American economic collapse would cause too many undesirable effects; however, Gorbachev was satisfied by the Samaritan's performance and, after meeting personally the Force and their allies Outsiders, he decided to create a Soviet team of super-agents.
Gorbachev then tried to buid up the Soviet Union's metahuman forces and teams starting with the People's Heroes, which were sent to help Mozambia, a Soviet country and economical contributor to the USSR, when it was attacked by the Outsiders. Other Soviet-sponsored super-teams included Blue Trinity, Red Trinity, Rocket Red Brigade, Soyuz and Red Shadows, all of them formed to compete against America's metahuman population.
- This character is a fictional representation of Mikhail Gorbachev, a real person. More information on this person can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 23 Appearances of Mikhail Gorbachev (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Mikhail Gorbachev (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Mikhail Gorbachev (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mikhail Gorbachev (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: