Mxyzptlk was a constant annoyance to Superman who always showed up at least every 90 days to give the Man of Steel trouble with his powers. In 1959 he was pulled from the Fifth Dimension along with Bat-Mite by the Epsilon Eridanites to help find a hero that would help them defeat the Bortan Empire. Two of their representatives have found two worthy candidates in the form of Superman and Batman, and they wanted Mxyzptlk to test out Bat-Mite's hero Batman to find out his worthiness while Bat-Mite tested out Mxyzptlk's hero Superman. Eventually Superman brought the whole contest over to Gotham City, having Bat-Mite's monster fight with Mxyzptlk's. Mxyzptlk decided at that point to create one giant tentacled monster to deal with both heroes. However, both Superman and Batman decided to make themselves look like they were totally defeated and destroyed by the monster so that the Epsilon Eridanites would end up choosing both Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite as their heroes to take care of the Bortan threat, forever removing them from bothering either Superman or Batman ever again.
Magical powers that allow him to create anything he wants, usually to test Superman's patience.
- This version of the character is native to the Superman & Batman: Generations series of stories.
- 1 Appearances of Mister Mxyzptlk (Earth-3839)
- 1 Images featuring Mister Mxyzptlk (Earth-3839)
- Quotations by or about Mister Mxyzptlk (Earth-3839)
- Character Gallery: Mister Mxyzptlk (Earth-3839)