The Monach of Menace was a criminal from Gotham City, who worked disguised as a royalty member. His special equipment allowed him to overcome the great lawman, Batman and avoided being captured after his largest crime. After that, the Monarch went into a partial retirement until his son used his masked identity and ruined his reputation as the only criminal to ever escape from Batman. The Monarch returned to Gotham, unaware that Batman had already studied his methods and for this reason, the Monarch was finally captured by Batman.
- Monarch's Scepter: Electrified staff to stun opponents
- Monarch's Crown: Hypnotizing jewels
- Monarch's Gas-Ejecting Cape: Cloth with gas ejecting mechanism
- This version of Monarch of Menace, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Monarch of Menace (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Monarch of Menace (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Monarch of Menace (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Monarch of Menace (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."