The Monolith is a golem created during the Great Depression in America to seek vengeance on behalf of a community of Jews. Inhabited by the soul of a murdered man, it was guided by his fiancée, Alice Cohen. When its tasks were complete, it was placed in stasis, to rest as the world moved on around it.
It awoke a few months prior to the Infinite Crisis, into a strange world. However, it found an anchor in the descendant of Alice Cohen - coincidentally also named Alice Cohen. Together, the two fought criminals and righted wrongs.
- After Flashpoint, this character was removed from continuity. It and a number of attendant intellectual properties were subsequently bought back from DC Comics by its creators.
- 21 Appearances of Monolith (New Earth)
- 14 Images featuring Monolith (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Monolith (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Monolith (New Earth)