|Aliases||Wrynn, Dark Lord, Dark Nobleman; The Dark Nobleman, Romdur|
|Relatives||White Witch (Mysa, daughter)|
|Affiliation||formerly Lords of Chaos, Princes of Darkness, Sons of Anubis|
|Base Of Operations||Zerox, the Sorcerors World|
|Race||Homo Magi, Zeroxian|
|Occupation||Sorcerer, Lord of Chaos|
|Origin||An evil entity, part of the forces of Chaos.|
|Place of Birth||Zerox|
|Creators||Jim Shooter, Curt Swan|
Mordru is an evil entity, the most prominent Lord of Chaos who is fated to survive even after the end of the universe.
Based on the revelation of Child, Mordru is an energy being from a world called Cilia, and that world and its inhabitants are now inside the Amulet of Fate. Mordru is said to exist before the universe was created and will exist after its end, but Mordru needs a host in order to exist in the world. His first host was Lord Wrynn who sought more power and was consumed by Mordru. However, whether the words of Child is true remains uncertain.
In modern times, Mordru sought to claim the power of Doctor Fate. He began by killing several agents of Order and Chaos, including Kid Eternity. He later killed Fate, in order to obtain the Artifacts of Fate, but his minions, the Sons of Anubis failed and it went to the Tower of Fate. He later tried to possess the body of the soulless child of Hawk and Dove which is said would become the most powerful sorcerer in the universe, but due to the intervention of the Star-Spangled Kid using the Scarabaeus of the Scarab, the child became the host for the soul of Hector Hall who also then became the new Doctor Fate. Mordru was defeated and imprisoned in the Amulet of Anubis by the new Doctor Fate.
However, Mordru was able to escape when Doctor Fate, in consulting Mordru on how to defeat Extant, he was ensorcelled, and with the help of Flaw and Child, Mordru was able to switch bodies with Doctor Fate. Now possessing the power of Doctor Fate and stealing the Starheart from Green Lantern, Mordru joined Eclipso and Obsidian in covering the world in darkness. It was then revealed that the present body of Mordru is actually that of Arion the sorcerer and the soul of Arion imprisoned by Flaw and Child. The JSA, upon Hector Hall's advice, went to Gemworld and freed Arion's soul. Arion's soul before going to the afterlife, passed through his/Mordru's body, causing Mordru to weakened, allowing Hector Hall to become Doctor Fate again. Doctor Fate defeated Mordru and imprisoned him in the Rock of Eternity which will constantly drain the magic of Mordru.
Day of Vengeance
When the Spectre was influenced by Eclipso (Jean Loring), Spectre began destroying all magic-users. While imprisoned in the Rock of Eternity, Mordru was able to trick Shazam into freeing him. Mordru then went and attacked the JSA who were at the Tower of Fate at the time looking for Doctor Fate to help find their missing teammate J.J. Thunder (who was also banished by the Spectre to the Fifth Dimension. At this time, the Spectre has also attacked Doctor Fate. Hector was banished to another dimension with his wife, while the Artifacts of Fate remained at the Tower of Fate. Mordru was able to defeat the JSA. Nabu , through the Artifacts of Fate tried but failed to defeat Mordru. It was only after the return of J.J. Thunder and the Thunderbolt was Mordru defeated when J.J. Thunder ordered the Thunderbolt to send Mordru "...somewhere none of us will ever have to see him again."
===Return of Mordru===
- Magic: Mordru's sorcerous powers are amongst the most formidable in the known Universe. As a lord of Chaos he has attunement to the universe. He has a Nigh-Omnipotent Mastery of Magic of the highest order.
- Universal Spells
- Dimensional Spells
- Personal Spells
- Matter Transmutation: Control over matter at a molecular level
- Magic Energy Manipulation: Generation of magical energy in the form of bolts or shields and the formation of solid objects.
- Superhuman Strength: He has also demonstrated superhuman strength sufficient to lift objects weighing several tons with relative ease.
- Aura Perception
- Time Travel
- Immortality: Mordru is also apparently ageless. The Hourman android attempted to de-age Mordru to a point where he was not as powerful, however in the process he discovered that Mordru's timeline had no beginning or end. Mordru was apparently never born, nor would ever die.
- Taphephobic: Mordru is helpless when entombed. He fears being imprisoned.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 37 Appearances of Mordru (New Earth)
- 13 Images featuring Mordru (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Mordru (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mordru (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.